Author(s): Rough Guides
World-renowned 'tell it like it is' guidebook available now with a free eBook
Discover France with this comprehensive, entertaining, 'tell it like it is' Rough Guide, packed with comprehensive practical information and our experts' honest and independent recommendations.
Whether you plan to visit some of France's world-famous museums, eat in its legendary restaurants, hike or ski in the Alps or the Pyrenees or simply enjoy sitting in caf , The Rough Guide to France will help you discover the best places to explore, sleep, eat, drink and shop along the way.
Features of The Rough Guide to France
- Detailed regional coverage: provides in-depth practical information for each step of all kinds of trip, from intrepid off-the-beaten-track adventures, to chilled-out breaks in popular tourist areas. Regions covered include: Paris and surrounds, the north, Champagne, the Ardennes, Alsace, Lorraine, Normandy, Brittany, the Loire, Burgundy, Poitou-Charentes, the Atlantic coast, the Limousin, Dordogne, the Lot, the Pyrenees, Languedoc, the Massif Central, the Alps, Franche-Comt , the Rh ne valley, Provence, the C te d'Azur and Corsica.
- Honest independent reviews written with Rough Guides' trademark blend of humour, honesty and expertise, and recommendations you can truly trust, our writers will help you get the most from your trip to France.
- Meticulous mapping always full-colour, with clearly numbered, colour-coded keys. Find your way around Paris, Marseille and many more locations without needing to get online.
- Fabulous full-colour photography features a richness of inspirational colour photography, including the sophisticated ch teaux de la Loire and the wild beaches of Corsica.
- Things not to miss Rough Guides' rundown of Les Gorges du Verdon's, Carcassonne's, Aix-en-Provence's and the Alps' best sights and top experiences.
- Itineraries carefully planned routes will help you organise your trip, and inspire and inform your on-the-road experiences.
- Basics section packed with essential pre-departure information including getting there, getting around, accommodation, food and drink, health, the media, festivals, sports and outdoor activities, culture and etiquette, shopping and more.
- Background information comprehensive Contexts chapter provides fascinating insights into France, with coverage of history, religion, ethnic groups, environment, wildlife and books, plus a handy language section and glossary.
- Innovative and unique extras a free eBook
About Rough Guides: Rough Guides have been inspiring travellers for over 35 years, with over 30 million copies sold globally. Synonymous with practical travel tips, quality writing and a trustworthy 'tell it like it is' ethos, the Rough Guides list includes more than 260 travel guides to 120+ destinations, gift-books and phrasebooks.